The Beet – Orange Juice is a winter favorite. It is an immune booster juice, rich in vitamins and nutrients and also tastes really good. Beets are high in nutrients and are cardiovascular friendly (they are red and look like a heart… coincidence? I think not!). They are my number one go to veggie when I lack energy or in case of anemia. Their high iron concentration is well-known.
Let’s check out a few more reasons why you should include beets in your diet.
- They lower blood pressure. Drinking beet juice can help lower blood pressure in a matter of hours.
- They fight inflammation. Betaine is a nutrient that helps protect cells, proteins and enzymes from environmental stress and also helps fight inflammation. Beets are a unique source of betaine.
- They have anti-cancer properties. The phytonutrients that give beets their dark intense color may help keep cancer away. Studies have revealed that they are good at preventing skin, lung and colon cancer.
- They prevent respiratory problems. Vitamin C found in beets is a powerful antioxidant that boost the immune system by stimulating the white cells activity, which is the body’s main line of defense against viral and bacterial infections.
- Rich in fiber and nutrients. Beets are rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B folate, fiber and minerals such as potassium, manganese and iron.
- They provide energy. They boost your stamina and help you make it through your next workout. Studies have shown that those who drank beet juice before workout managed to exercise up to 16% longer.
As for oranges, there are thousands of reasons why you should eat at least an orange every day. They are packed with nutrients, low in calories, promote clear skin and can help lower our risk for many diseases.
How to make this immune booster juice?
- 2 beets peeled
- 6 oranges peeled
Chop the beets and juice them together with the oranges. I use a slow juicer and I get approximately 600ml of juice.
This juice is nutrient packed, has a beautiful color and flavor and is delicious. I drink beet juice on a daily basis for a couple of weeks before donating blood as it is high in iron and the iron from fruits and veggies is highly absorbable. It doesn’t even compare to the iron in supplements. So, after a 2 weeks cure of beets juice I am ready to donate blood without having any issues or fear of anemia. Donating blood is an amazing thing that you can do for other people, is a gesture that literally saves lives and I highly encourage you to get informed about this and become a blood donor.