Celery and green apple juice is an excellent choice when you want to take better care of your health, get hydrated and be energized. Celery has so many benefits and it is such an amazing food. I’ll start by saying that it is an excellent source of antioxidants and beneficial enzymes; it is also loaded with vitamins and minerals such as vitamin K, C, potassium, folate and vitamin B6.
Let’s see below which the main benefits of celery are and why you should include it in your daily diet.
- It helps in the weight loss process: as it contains a big amount of water and a stalk of celery contains only 10 calories, celery is a great help in the weight loss process.
- It reduces inflammation: If you suffer from joint pains, lung infections or acne, celery is for you as it will bring you the needed relief.
- Celery aids digestion. The high water content and the insoluble fiber in it, make is an undeniable help in the digestive system.
- It contains good salts. Celery contains sodium, but this is an organic salt which is essential for your health.
- Celery lowers blood pressure. Raw, whole celery reduces blood pressure.
- It reduces bad cholesterol. The butylphthalide found in just four stalks of celery, consumed daily can reduce bad cholesterol by up to 7 percent.
- It helps prevent ulcers. It is blieved that celery nourishes the stomach, colon and intestines due to the presence of chemical constituents such as flavonoids, tannins, volatile oils and alkaloids which control the level of gastric acid released while also improving the level of protective mucus.
- It protects liver health. Researchers believe that a diet rich in celery can be beneficial for people suffering from liver disease.
How to choose celery: Choose celery with stalks that snap when bent, with fresh and crisp leaves. You should know that the darker the color of the celery, the stronger is the flavor.
Fact: steamed celery retains its flavor and nutrients up to 99%.
As you have read, celery has amazing health benefits and I try to consume it daily. I use it in salads, but mostly I like to juice it. One of my favorite green juices is the celery and green apple juice.
– 6 stalks of celery
– 4 green apples
Chop up everything and juice. I use a slow juicer. I get approximately 500ml of fresh green juice. This juice is sweet-sour as I like to use green Granny Smith apples. Love the fresh green color as well.